Vegan Gluten Free Biscuits
We made these gluten free biscuits last night they went really well with the dairy free gluten free gravy. It was a really well done recipe and was good the next day for lunch as well.
It was also a really satisfying and filling meal.
- 1 c. almond flour (.3 3/8 oz)
- 1/2 c. brown rice flour (.3 oz)
- 1/4 c. potato starch (.1 1/2 oz)
- 1/4 c. tapioca starch (.1 1/8 oz)
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2/3 c. soy milk + 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 c. unsweetened applesauce (measured in a solid measuring cup)
- 1/4 c. canola oil
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Whisk all of the dry ingredients from almond flour through sea salt in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add lemon juice to milk. Keep chilled until ready to use.
- Whisk applesauce into the oil.
- Add the applesauce/oil mixture to the dry mixture. Stir well. Then add the milk/lemon juice mixture and mix.
- Using an ice cream scoop, place the biscuit dough on the prepared pan.
- Bake for 12 minutes.