Even though this sounded strange, it peaked my interest. I am glad it did. This turned out wonderful. This could be called the best oatmeal I have ever had in my entire life.
- 2 cups water
- 1 dash salt
- 1 cup quick oats (I used regular gluten free rolled oats and put them through the bullet to make them a better consistency)
- 2 tbsp full-fat coconut milk ( canned coconut milk)
- 4 tbsp sugar
- Preheat broiler.
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat.
- Stir in salt and oats.
- Keep uncovered and lower heat to slightly below medium.
- Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes or until mixture is thick, stirring from time to time.
- Stir in coconut milk.
- Spoon mixture into 4 buttered ramekins (or similar baking dishes).
- Sprinkle one tablespoon sugar over each serving.
- Broil for about 3 minutes or until sugar is bubbly, melted, and as caramelized as you would like. ( You can use a kitchen torch instead if you have one)