Gluten free dairy free Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes
originally found: http://bakingbites.com/2009/10/impossible-pumpkin-pie-cupcakes/
And then converted to be Gluten Free and Dairy Free. They turned out delicious. And easy.
Impossible Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes
- ⅔ cup
all purpose flourgluten free flour blend I use Silvana’s all purpose flour blend from Cooking for Isaiah
- 6 cups white rice flour
- 3 cups tapioca flour
- 1 ½ cups Potato Starch
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoon Xantham Gum
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 15-oz can pumpkin puree
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup
half and half (or evaporated milk)Canned coconut milk not blended to include fatiness
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper or silicone liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice
- In a large bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla and half and half until well combined.
- Add in dry ingredients and whisk until no streaks of flour remain and batter is smooth.
- Fill each muffin cup with approximately ⅓ cup of batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Cool cupcakes in pan. They will sink as they cool.
- Chill cupcakes before serving.
- Top with lightly sweetened whipped cream.
Sweetened Whipped Coconut Cream.
- ¾ cup canned coconut milk (the rest of the can)
- 1 tablespoon Powdered Sugar
- 1 tablespoon of Coconut oil still solid to add extra fatiness just in case the coconut milk is not thick enough
Warning I did not measure the conconut oil or the powdered sugar or really the coconut milk i just used what was left over from making the cupcakes.
- Blend all ingredients in stand mixer until smooth and almost peaky
- Refrigerate and enjoy