* I replaced sugar with honey
I doubled this recipe
I prebaked the crust to let it good to the sides
* For the topping I used honey instead of maple syrup
I doubled this recipe to make it thicker
- 1 1/2 c . oat flour
- 1/2 t . honey
- 1/2 t . sea salt
- 1/4 c . olive oil
- 4-5 T . cold water , as needed
Mix the flour, and salt together in a large bowl.
Stir in the olive oil and honey until the ‘batter’ is crumbly.
Add in the cold water as needed until the dough is moistened, but not sticky.
Press the dough into a pie plate, pressing it up the sides as desired.
Add your filling and bake according to pie directions.
To pre-bake the crust, preheat the oven to 375 degrees and bake for 10-12 minutes.
Vanilla Custard Filling
- 1 1/2 cups white sweet potato, baked and mashed approx: 2 sweet potatoes
- 5-6 pitted medjool dates
- 1 1/4 cup non-dairy mik
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- For the filling, blend all the ingredients on high until smooth and creamy.
- Pour on top of the crust. Smooth the top.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes at 350F.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before chilling overnight.
Fruit Compote Topping
- 1 cup berries (frozen or fresh)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp arrowroot starch
- Stir together all the ingredients in a saucepan on the stove.
- Cook over medium heat stirring regularly until you have a thick chunky sauce (about 10 minutes).
- Top with berry compote
slice, and enjoy!
|Red Mill – Oat Flour, 1.5 cup||721||117||14||32||0||0|
|Honey, 0.5 tsp(s)||11||3||0||0||0||3|
|Redmond – Real Salt (Correct), 1/2 th Teaspoon 1.4 grams||0||0||0||0||1,060||0|
|Oil – Olive, 0.25 cup||477||0||54||0||2||0|
|Dates, medjool, 18 date, pitted||1,197||324||1||8||4||287|
|Sodelicious – Unsweetened Vanilla Coconut Milk, 2.5 cup||125||5||11||0||38||0|
|Vanilla extract, 1 tbsp(s)||37||2||0||0||1||2|
|Frozen – Blueberries, 2 cup||168||42||1||2||0||29|
|Arrowroot flour, 2 tsp(s)||19||5||0||0||0||0|
|Potatoes Sweet – Boiled, Mashed, 3 cup||342||81||0||12||219||57|
|Honey, 2 tbsp(s)||129||35||0||0||2||35|