Riced Cauliflower Pizza Crust sounds so strange I must try it:
- 1 cup cooked, riced cauliflower*
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 tsp fennel
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp parsley
**pizza or alfredo sauce
toppings (make sure meats are cooked)
Delicious and easy.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Farenheit.
- Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine cauliflower, egg and mozzarella. Press evenly on the pan. Sprinkle evenly with fennel, oregano and parsley.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 12-15 minutes (15-20 minutes if you double the recipe).
- Remove the pan from the oven. To the crust, add sauce, then toppings and cheese.
- Place under a broiler at high heat just until cheese is melted **.
For a mozzarella replacement:
- 1 cup nutritional yeast
- 3 T. Flour
- ¼ cup plus 2 T. vegetable broth powder
- 1 cup dairy-free soymilk (use one that has a thickening agent added, like Silk)
- ¼ cup plus 2 T. Water
- 3 T. Tahini (also called sesame paste)
- Salt, to taste
- Combine nutrtitional yeast, flour and vegetable broth powder in a small saucepan, mixing together until combined.
- Add soymilk, water and tahini, and turn on heat to medium-low,
- mixing until all the powder is dissolved and the sauce is smooth.
- Heat until just thickened and warm, about 2-3 minutes. (If there is still a taste of flour in the sauce, cook for an addition 1-2 minutes over very low heat, adding 1 T of water if neccessary.)
- Turn off heat and add salt to taste.