Light and Fluffy Gluten Free Biscuits
To Be Acompanied by Gluten Free/Dairy Free Country Gravy Recipe
We haven’t tried this recipe yet, but the country gravy we have made definately has been superior on fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and hash browns.
(Yield: 16 large biscuits)
- 1½ c. brown rice flour
- 2 c. corn starch
- ½ c. soy flour or sorghum flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1½ tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. xanthan gum
- 1 stick of butter (Earth Balanced Buttery Sticks) (chilled in the freezer)
- 1¼ c. soy milk
- 1¼ c. water
- 1 Tbsp. cider vinegar
- 1 egg, beaten (or the equivalent amount of your favorite egg replacement)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl thoroughly combine the flours, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and xanthan gum.
- Grate the butter into the flour using the small holed side of a box grater. Mix the butter into the flour so that there are no large balls of grated butter.
- Add the soy milk, water, vinegar and beaten egg to the flour and stir until the dry and liquid ingredients are combined.
- Using a large spoon, drop the dough onto a greased pan to make 16 biscuits. Cook at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden brown.