Haven’t tried this yet, but I do like a good pudding
- 3 T. corn starch
- ¾ cups dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/8 t. salt
- 2 ¼ cups unsweetened plain almond milk, divided
- 1 T. dairy-free soy margarine, softened
- 1 t. vanilla
- In a small saucepan off heat, combine the corn starch, sugar and salt.
- Add ¼ cup of almond milk
- place the sauce pan over medium-low heat, mixing well to dissolve the corn starch and sugar.
- Add the remaining almond milk, stirring constantly until mixture thickens, about 3 minutes.
- Remove the pan from heat
- whisk in the soy margarine and vanilla until completely incorporated.
- Transfer pudding to a heatproof dish, place plastic wrap directly on the surface of the pudding (this will prevent a skin from forming), and chill in the refrigerator at least 3 hours before serving. Serve cold.