Dairy Free / Gluten Free Clam Chowder
Another recipe I want to try.
My wife & daughter really likes clam chowder, but after developing the gluten and dairy allergies (or being diagnosed with them)
- 2 (10 oz-ish) cans chopped clams
- 2 (14 oz) cans creamed corn (or use a blender to turn a 14oz can of corn into creamed corn)
- 1 (14 oz) can coconut milk
- 1/4 tsp salt + 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp Bell’s Seasoning (thyme, sage, rosemary, majoram, black pepper, nutmeg)
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 potatoes, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 slices of bacon, crumbled
- optional 1 small jar clam juice
Add everything to the crock pot. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Taste about an hour before serving (if possible) and adjust seasoning.
We will combine this with the gluten free focacia bread.