We tried these last nights it was just me and the kids… and it was a hit… next time I may season the cornmeal with maybe some chili powder -or something- to give it that extra umph.
I cooked probably 7 tilapia filets and I could have made more it was split between myself, an eleven year old, and two three year olds.
We paired it with tatertots (of course) and some asparagus cooked in the oven.
- Fish Fillets (I like to use Tilapia. If frozen de-thaw before cooking.)
- Oil (I either use canola or olive oil.)
- Heat a skillet over medium heat with your choice of oil.
- Cut the fish fillets into sticks or bite-sized pieces. (This recipe will also work with whole fillets.)
- Rinse the fish with water.
- Put some cornmeal into a bowl and coat the fish with the cornmeal.
- Shake off the excess.
- Put the fish into the hot skillet.
- Turn the fish when it is golden brown on one side.
- The fish is done when it is golden brown on both sides.
- Place the fish on a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Serve and enjoy.